9.03.2009

Get Out.

Nicole is starting school obligations which will consume her weekend. I'm heading out somewhere tomorrow for a solo backpacking trip. At the suggestion of Stitch, I'm thinking Big Bear. Trip report and photos to follow.


I have to steer clear of Angeles National Forest for any hiking or running since the whole place is covered in smoke and flames from an enormous wildfire. It is already the largest in LA County history at over 144,000 acres burned.



Nicole surprised me with delicious deli sandwiches, potato salad, and a trip to the beach tonight for a sunset dinner. We watched surfers by the fading light with the Santa Monica pier just down the way. Not bad at all.



Lastly, I'm going for a run with the Alaskan Assassin Monday morning. Probably somewhere in the smoke free Santa Monica Mountains. Let me know if you want to join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment